Yes, it’s that time of year when we ask you to renew your OPAL Membership. Membership costs £12 for the year. If you find it hard to pay this amount, please talk to member of staff by phoning 0113 261 9103 or coming into the Welcome In and we will work something out.
If you are a tax payer, an easy & financially painless way to help is to register your membership donation as ‘Gift Aid’. As a charity, OPAL will be able to reclaim the tax from the Inland Revenue and turn £12 into £14.40. So for every £120 given, OPAL will receive an extra £24 from the taxman, which makes a big difference to us! If you pay tax and you haven’t filled our a ‘Gift Aid’ form, then please contact us. OPAL would like to thank all of you who paid your £12 membership last year – you helped to bring in approximately £7,000, which covers some of our staff & office costs such as staionery, insurance, bills and the internet.
We hope you feel that the membership of £12 is still good value, and that you would like to remain a member this year.
The benefits of remaining an OPAL Member include:
- OPAL’s newsletter every 2 months
- Social Activities such as trips, games mornings, social afternoons and lunch clubs
- Many exercise classes, such as Tai Chi, Table Tennis, Chair Based Exercise & Yoga
- Events organised by young people in the area such as the Christmas Banquet at Ralph Thoresby School
- Access to information and advice from our drop-in office and over the phone
- Emotional support for anything that life throws at you, within groups such as our Memory Support Group & Carers Group, Remember When & Bereavement Groups,
as well as support from members of staff.
- Access to IT Support either 1-2-1 or at our Wednesday morning digital support class with Steve
- Access to volunteers who can help with transport, support at appointments, befrienders, telephone buddies, trip assitance and much more
- By being a memer you are helping to ensure the future of OPAL.
- If you choose not remain a memer, you will still be able to visit the Welcome in Community Centre and access our information and advice over the telephone or in the OPAL drsop in office. If you decide not to re-join you membership will expire on March 31st 2023 but you can re-join at any time.
The different ways of paying for your membership
Pop into OPAL Drop In – open Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm
- Bring your money or cheque (made payable to ‘OPAL’) in an envelope with your name and address wrritten on it to an OPAL group or event, or pop it in our letter box
- Send a cheque in the post made payable to ‘OPAL’ again with your name and address details. Our address is on the back of the newsletter.
- Ring the office on 0113 261 9103 and ask someone to come and collect your membership.
- Pay by bank transfer to OPAL Sort Code: 53 70 00 Account Number:24503274. Please put your full name as reference.
Our address is 55 Bedford Drive, LS16 6DJ